Build Diary 08-January-05
Just a few hours in the workshop today. Completed riveting the ribs to the left
elevator - including removing approx 6 that were not up to scratch. Reviewed the right elevator
and replaced 9 rivets not good enough. Fitted solid rivets to Trim Spar, rather than blind rivets
- on top only.
Left elevator skin, all ribs fitted. I used JC5 seam sealant to help avoid corrosion - it's yellow
in the picture
E-615PP Trim Access Reinf' Plate.
Fitting E-606PP Trim Spar to the top side of the skin. I did this first to help support the skin and so
I could fit solid rivets to the end four holes on the top skin rather than use blind rivets.
E-606PP Trimp Spar with solid rivets.
Images & text copyright GAPilot & Go-7. This mail is not connected
to Vans Aircraft Inc. The contents of this site is the opinion of the author,
not Vans Aircarft, PFA, CAA or FAA. Please check all information is correct
before you act upon it.