Build Diary 01-May-06
Short day (Bank Holiday Monday) in the workshop. Tested all the electrics,
radio & intercom. Also tested digital video recorder - Jo will be able to view films while
Jo came in to help test the intercom, and took some pictures.
I was testing all the systems before I remove the panel for painting.
One interesting thing I found was - The AF2500 engine monitor. I could reduce the current drain by 0.5A
by dimming the display - not completely, just reducing the brightness. Interesting if I need to reduce the
The display above the radio is my Archos media player, I am just testing the sound system
I am testing that the alerts from the engine monitor can be heard with the radio is operating.
I tested my Archos AV500 - it's sitting in the map box hole - connected to the intercom. Jo will be able
to view movies while we are flying. Also tested the audio output from the (AF-2500) engine monitor. I was
really impressed it worked really well.
Jo is playing with her movie system.
All I need to fit is the backup alternator system - as soon as it arrives!
Looking for something else I found the exhaust brackets so I thought I would fit them.
They hang off the sump bolts.
Not clear amongst all the parts - the exhaust bracket hanging from sump to exhaust.
Now with rubber jointing hose fitted.
Exhaust bracket between pipes.
I am going to refit the canopy this week, so I have refitted the canopy release.
Images & text copyright GAPilot & Go-7. This mail is not connected
to Vans Aircraft Inc. The contents of this site is the opinion of the author,
not Vans Aircarft, PFA, CAA or FAA. Please check all information is correct
before you act upon it.