Mark the spark came and helped me in the hanger on Friday. I put him to work on
fitting the starter and mater diodes. We then fitted the new control panel and refitted all the egine
controls. We then spent a lot of time trying to bleed the brakes.
However Saturday I discovered the Matco park brake was leaking! Finished fitting the canopy latch by fitting knob. I connected the rudder to pedal cables, also fitted the tail wheel springs and controls.
Sunday I secured the cables in the rear of fuse, connected the Dynon OAT probe and fitted the baggage area panels. I then timed the engine as I had removed one mag. Jo was coming down to help with starting the engine. Jo has been waiting to pull all the blue plastic off the RV - I promised she could. So off it quickly came as I got everthing ready for the engine start.
Finally it came time..... TO START THE ENGINE ...... We moved the RV out of the hanger, I then tied it to the back of my Land Rover and weighted it down with three 20L (full) fuel cans. The engine started first time easily and ran for a short while - it stopped and I realised I had selected the tank that I had drained!! So I took this chance to check the engine for leaks. I had one on the oil cooler, the joint was loose so I tightened it and restarted the engine - with some fuel this time! The engine ran well and I checked the Advanced Engine monitor settings. I stopped the engine, climbed out and was greated by an excited Jo leaping around excited about how well it had gone.